YOU WILL NOT “BE QUIET”
You’re not about to go quietly into the night while you watch power structures shift all around you. While the rights of whole groups of people vanish with the stroke of a pen. While the walls of rhetoric divide and silence people.
You marched, signed petitions, and called your members of Congress. You are awake and will not go back to sleep. Yet, your activist voice is caught in your throat because:
- You don’t think of yourself as an activist.
- You want to make a difference in the world, but you don’t know how.
- You don’t think you have time.
- You are afraid of being punished for speaking out.
- You don’t know how to take your activism from ideas to action.
Forget what you think you know about activism. It’s more than marching, yelling, and laying your body on the line for a cause. Activism is more than a moment. It is a dynamic, practice.
Activism is a sustained commitment to bringing your highest self in service of the challenges and opportunities in the beloved community.
What if you could…
- Embrace a definition of activism that is aligned with your daily life, strengths, and talents?
- Be empowered with a set of tools to help you identify your unique activist role?
- Put your activism into practice through focused action in your community?
- Transform privilege into partnership?
- Discover tools to help you face the most common fears about being an activist?
- Receive help to create a 30-day plan to take you from vague ideas to specific action?
Your Activist Path: A Purpose, Practice, and Plan for New Changemakers is an exclusive, six-month mentorship to help women who are committed to taking sustainable and pragmatic action to develop themselves in service of social change. Participants will have the opportunity to learn from experts in the field and develop their activist’s voice in a safe, welcoming, intimate community.
We help you find your activist’s path in a series of exercises that help you identify your unique role and steps to discover your area of focus. We provide a set of tools to help you transform privilege into partnership, face your fears, communicate your story, and learn a radical definition of self-care.
Finally, we build on what you’ve learned to chart your path forward and create a 30-day plan to get you started.
If you want to take a deeper dive and/or work on a specific project, an opportunity to participate in a Mastermind group and one-on-one coaching will also be available at a special discount for mentorship participants.
What makes Your Activist Path different from other activism courses?
You want more than tips on how to respond to action alerts, knock on doors, and theories about activism. You have a family and responsibilities. You want to make a difference with the time, treasures, and talents you have.
- This program grounds your activism in the reality of daily life. It asks you to create a plan of action based on the opportunities and limitations of your life as it is now. Its foundation is an inclusive definition of activism that is responsive to people with families and careers to also be activists in the time they have.
- This program goes deep, as well as broad. We spend the first part discovering and developing your activist identity and then give you the practical, communications, and emotional tools to deal with common challenges facing most emerging activists.
- We are a community. Even if you come from a family or live in a community that doesn’t share your ideas, we provide a safe space for you to explore ideas and possibilities. Enrollment is limited so that we can take the time to help you bring your best self to the world.
- We hear from experts in the field who have direct, sustained, and concentrated experience in their area of service. Our experts share their hard-won experiences derived from a body of work, rather than the experience on one or two successful campaigns or job titles.
- You have options to work in one-on-one mentorships or collaborative mastermind groups. Either option will help you develop specific project ideas, overcome hurdles, and access unique resources in a supportive environment.
WORKING WITH KERRA
Kerra Bolton has spent 20 years igniting, documenting, promoting, and leading change as a journalist, political analyst, strategic communications consultant, and grassroots activist. She has worked on campaigns to help elect transformational candidates to state and national elected offices.
Kerra engages people from where they are, listen for possibilities that light them up, and help them develop a strategic plan to achieve their goals. A journalist with experience in print, television, and broadcast media, she helps individuals and organizations develop and communicate their message to the media, government officials, and stakeholders with honesty, integrity, and intention.
A “lover-fighter,” Kerra is the trusted, friend who loves you too much to allow you to give up on yourself. She will push you to your creative edge because she believes in your potential more than your excuses. This is her nature, whether she is working with a client or pushing for public policy to improve the lives of marginalized people. She fights for what she believes in because she loves humanity and will bring this fierce, loving energy to your work together.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IT IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you want to…
Make a sustained commitment to social change.
Develop and apply your best skills and talents to meet the challenges and opportunities of the world.
Become lit up by the possibilities of creating a future in which the sum of our shared hopes is greater than the division of hate.
Learn how to act with clear-eyed pragmaticism, effectiveness, and compassion rather than react to the 24-hour news cycle.
Transform privilege into partnership, in which you engage respectful, loving relationships with people of diverse backgrounds.
Then YES it’s definitely MADE FOR YOU!!
Two levels of mentorship are available.
Emerging Activists are women who are relatively new to activism. Recent events compelled them to become more active in their communities to make change. You are an Emerging Activist if you are seeking an area of focus, a supportive community, and a deep knowledge of how political change works.
For $2,000, you get:
- Step-by-step processes to help you discover your Activist’s purpose.
- A tool-kit to help transform your purpose into a practice.
- Access to twice-a-month, Fire Circle meetings in which you receive targeted coaching around a specific topic and support from your activist community.
- One individual consultation during the course.
- Supporting, targeted course materials, guides and videos to help you create a plan of action, find activist partners, and start making a difference.
Leading Activists are women who have some ideas about where they would like to focus their activism. You want to explore specific strategies on how to get started and how to design and sustain your life as activism becomes a greater priority.
For $2,500, you get the everything included at the Emerging Activist level and more individualized coaching. You get one monthly, individual consultation, as well as access to the monthly Q & A calls. Depending on your specific needs, individual consultations can last from 1 to 2 hours each. You will also receive a 20 percent discount, should you decide to join the follow-up Mastermind Group.
Ready to start? Then fill this form and join me on this adventure!
See you on the other side!
Q: Will you teach me how to run for office?
A: If elected, running for office is an effective, long-term strategy for igniting social change. However, it is extremely time-consuming and expenses. We provide you with tools, exercises, focused attention, and a supportive community to influence public policy today with the life you already have.
Q: I have a career and/or family. How can I be an activist?
A: We understand that most people can’t devote their entire lives to activism. However, there is a lot you can do with the time you have. We guide you through step-by-step practices to help you evaluate, prioritize, and plan your time while incorporating your family in your activism work so that your life feeds your activism and your activism feeds you.
Q: What if I don’t see myself as a hero or an activist?
A: I will share my unique take on “activism.” We’ll break it down so can see where you, your interests, strengths, talents and style, or way of being. We show you the many ways that you can be an activist. That might be within your personal life, your neighborhood or larger community, within the workplace, or at the state or national levels.
Q: What is the difference between the $2,500 and $2,000 level? What will I get by investing more into the mentorship?
A: Group and individual coaching are available at both the Leading ($2,500) and Emerging ($2,000) Activist levels. The difference is that as a Leading Activist, you get more opportunities for individualized, focused coaching. This can help when dealing with specific issues such as: taking a deeper dive into your Activist Archetype; negotiating relationships with family/friends with opposing ideologies; creating specific strategies to shape time; and building a specific project to address a societal challenge.
Q: Twenty-five hundred dollars or even $2,000 is a lot of money to have upfront. Can I still participate in the mentorship?
A: Payment plans for both the $2,500 and $2,000 are available. Upon your acceptance to the program and with your permission, a monthly payment will automatically be deducted from your account. A 5 percent fee is added to the cost.
Q: What is your refund policy?
A: A full refund is available within the first 30 days that the class starts and/or if you withdraw from the program before it starts. A partial refund is available within 60 days of the start of the course. No refund is available after 60 days.
No refunds are available if you are making monthly payments. You will no longer be billed once you have stopped participating in the program. No pro-rata for the month is available. However, you will have access to course materials for the remainder of the month.